The best way to get relief from a sore throat is by trying to reduce the infection in the throat. This can be done by gargling with different mixtures. You can find out which works for you the best by trying out the following methods
- Add half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water and dissolve it. Gargle for a few seconds with every mouthful till the water in the glass is finished.
- Gargle with your everyday mouthwash for a few seconds. The alcohol content in it is the disinfectant. If you need to especially go out a buy a mouthwash, try Listerine, it helps.
- Pour about 1 tablespoonful of apple cider vinegar and mix it in a glass of warm water. Gargle and spit till the water in the glass finishes.
- Mango bark also helps in getting rid of a sore throat. Mix a small amount of mango bark in water and gargle with it several times a day.
- You can also gargle with a cup of ginger tea, peppermint tea or sage tea after letting them to cool down.
You can also get rid of a sore throat by drinking in several concoctions which provide relief from an aching throat. Mix one tablespoon of honey, two tablespoons of lemon juice, and a little sugar in a glass of really warm water. Mix the contents well and drink slowly sip by sip while the mixture is still warm. Vitamin C helps in reducing sore throat. Drinking orange juice is one of the best remedies especially with a pinch of cayenne pepper in it. Don’t stain the pulp of the juice.
Try to force down a spoonful of vinegar down, to help disinfect your throat. Do this once a day only. Eating dill pickles can also help as they have the vinegar content in them too. Other remedies include the intake of a lot of liquids and fluids in order to reduce the sore throat. Sore throat mostly occurs due to post nasal drip which usually happens during cold or flu. Drinking liquids will help to prevent the post nasal mucous from building up in the throat which causes irritation and will help your throat stay moisture. Liquids also keep the body hydrated which helps in staying energetic despite the ailment. Range of drinks varies from juices to tea to other herbal mixtures to aid the sore throat.
Applying menthol balms also helps. This helps make breathing easier and less irritating for a sore throat. You can also use chamomile tea. Soak a small wash cloth in it, and wring it out, then spread it around your throat till the cloth cools down. Repeat this for several minutes. At times the intake of lozenges and other sweets also helps reduce the dryness of throat. If a coughing fit occurs, the easiest way is to have some sugar and suck on it. Having a humidifier in the room will keep the moisture content of the room high and help to get rid of the sore throat. In order to add a medicated inhalant in water, a steam vaporizer can be used.
|Sore Throat Cures and How to Relief The Pain
Sore throat medically termed as pharyngitis is a very common disease that is prevalent usually in the...
|Sore Throat Treatment with Foods and Juices
A sore throat cannot only be very painful and discomforting but it can distort your voice, hamper your...
|Sore Throat Remedies in 2012
Are you suffering from a painful sore throat? How do you cure this unpleasant ailment that spoil your...
|Relief Sore Throat with Home Remedies
When sore throat is happening moments where the pain is so strong that most people lose the ability to...